Undo It!

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 11 Mar 2019

Undo It read mostly like a compilation of Dr Ornish's previous books.  There wasnt much new that I could see. He espouses a plant based diet.  I hate vegetables, this creates a conundrum for me.  I am not at a point in my life where I am willing to alter my diet, however if I were, the theories and research data Dr Ornish provides is quite persuasive.  I wished for more appetizing recipes, because that would make transitioning to a more plant based diet more pallatable.
I received my copy through NetGalley under no obligation.
I would like to thank the publisher, Ballantine Books and Netgalley for providing with an ARC  of  “ UnDoit! “By Dean.Ornish M.D. and his wife Anne Ornish.

The premise of the book is that we can reverse or “Undo” chronic illnesses and other damages that we have done to our body by years of living an unhealthy lifestyle and eating an animal protein diet.

The authors, describe how we can reduce the need for prescription drugs by just eating well, move more and reduce stress through meditation and love more by connecting with our loved ones and friends and community.  They cite a lot of research to back up theirs claims.

The book also provides some wholesome recipes and  also meal plan and a list of pantry item to buy to start the Ornish’ Program’s way of eating well. I found this very useful for the reader because it contains includes a list of commercially produced food items, which helps to make starting this lifestyle easier and less overwhelming. Most integrated lifestyle self help books focuses only on buying Whole Foods, and recipes from scratch which can be a daunting undertaking for most people.

I have been living this kind of integrated lifestyle since January 2018 and i have never felt better and have lost a good amount of excess weight and have been able to keep it off as well as lowering my cholesterol. So, I really appreciate this book and will continue to reduce my consumption of animal protein. This book is a great reminder to keep going toward an all vegan diet sooner than later.

I took one star away because I found the citations of research a bit excessive and tedious and some parts of the boom quite repetitive. I think some of the search could have been in an appendix to enhance fluidity and continuity of reading.

All in all a great book and highly recommend it, because from my personal experience I can say that it works, I have never felt better and look great despite being age 50+.
I received an advance copy of this title from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This book will have you thinking! I had to buy my own hard copy so I could highlight p, annotate and reflect on its contents. Thought provoking!
This book is informative and if you listen to it you should be able to  have a better chance with chronic diseases.  I read to learn about how to feel better with my heart condition.  Good read
Dean Ornish has been researching and publishing the importance of a healthy diet for more than 20 years.  His knowledge and passion are evident in this book.  The recipes look great, I look forward to incorporating them into my diet.
I believe in life style medicine, which is what Dr. Ornish offers in this book.  I chose it over traditional medical practices whenever I can. I am a life long vegetarian part time vegan now so his diet choices are not far off from my daily diet.  I have read his previous books but really enjoyed the way this one was set up with a quick start easy program. It is really so simple and written so clearly.  There was a more personal touch feel to this book, with his wife's involvement. It really in complete with exercise suggestions and recipes.  I will purchase a copy of this to give to my mother who goes to a Dr. that never tells her to change her lifestyle, he just gives her a new pill. Bravo Dr. Ornish I love how you set this one up.
Thank you to the publisher for gifting me a copy for an honest review
From start to finish, this massive book is bursting at the seams with plenty of information on how to be the healthiest you can be. The authors, Dean and Anne Ornish,   do an excellent job of presenting a complete plan that has been backed up by research and many years of experience with people who have resolved health problems by going with a vegan diet.

Not only does the book explain why this plan works, it includes information on Yoga with actual positions to try; resistance bands and exercises to use them with; walking and running; Meditation, along with four  different ones to experiment with; and mindful eating along with ideas of how to incorporate it in your meals. On top of all that, almost half the book contains recipes for everything from breakfast to desserts. .

This is the most complete health care program I have ever come across, and it is for sale for a very reasonable price!
I have read all of Dean Ornish’s books on Veganism and watched his documentaries. I already believe in the power of eating a Whole Foods plant-based diet, but I needed a boost to get my diet back on track. I’ve been in an eating slump. Unfortunately over the last few months I haven’t been eating vegan. Reading this book with my husband has been really helpful in getting back on track and knowing what benefits this diet can have for my body.
This book talks about all the benefits of adopting this lifestyle change and how you can avoid taking medications for some of your medical problems by simply eating the right foods. Who wouldn’t want to cure or reverse your diabetes, cancer, or heart disease?
 Even if your familiar with Ornish’s Whole Foods Plant-Based Diet, this book is a great reminder and motivator to stay focused on your health by eating right!
Thank you so much to Random House and NetGalley for this powerful book in exchange for my honest review. My opinions are my own.
This will be featured on my blog January 5, 2019.
www.colecampfireblog.com
LanaLCole@yahoo.com
This book is about learning the way to optimal eating and exercise for longevity.  Dr. Ornish does a really good job of explaining how certain foods cause chronic diseases, by using scientific studies. I loved that he explains what brand name foods he recommends you stocking your shelves and refrigerator with. I love this book, I can many pages referenced.
I've been familiar with Dr. Ornish and his teaching for years, but not everyone makes the right choices for their health even if they have the information. So what do you do when you've found yourself in the position of dealing with chronic health problems? You can take medications. Then take medications to fight the side effects of those original medications. Or... you can change how you live and improve your health by supporting your body in healing itself. This book discusses how some simple changes can help you turn your health around. Great information and recipes.

Thank you to Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this information book in exchange for my honest review.
Dean and Anne Ornish have teamed up together in "Undo It!" to write a book that introduces the reader to some simple but profound changes they can make in their lives that will not only enrich them but have proven to heal some common but devastating illnesses (heart disease, type 2 diabetes, etc.). It is not, however, a book of magic or wishful thinking. Throughout the book, the authors support their program with fascinating science and health research.  This is not simply a diet program but rather a holistic approach to health. In embracing the Ornish program the reader will, no doubt, have to be willing to try something different and make some changes in their life. The book, however, outlines the many, many critical reasons the reader could only benefit from their suggestions and their program. The book is incredibly readable and while supported by science never gets bogged down in either the science or the research. I found it so inspiring and hopeful.  They also provide an array of recipes which I found extremely helpful. I have a bit of a pet peeve about books that suggest an eating program and then make you buy a second book to get helpful recipes. In "Undo It!" you get the program and guidance as well as great recipes!  This is a book I thoroughly recommend. In fact, I intend to give a copy of the book to everyone in my family! It’s that important!  I was privileged to receive a free advanced copy of this book from NetGalley and the Publisher, Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine in exchange for an honest review.
This is a book in 2 parts. Great info in the first part of the book. Lots of recipes in the second half. I am not a big fan of all the filler.