Pagan Portals - Ancestral Healing

Pub Date 31 Jul 2020 | Archive Date 30 Jul 2020
John Hunt Publishing Ltd, https://www.johnhuntpublishing.com/moon-books/

Talking about this book? Use #PaganPortalsAncestralHealing #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The origin story of every culture contains a description of animism; humans in direct relationship with the land and, through the reciprocity of that connection, evolving together. The livelihood of humans and Nature is intertwined. If one ails, so does the other.

History is littered with stories of losing that connection, and the toll this takes in the form of humans against each other, humans against Nature. Between colonization, conscription into the Church, imperialization, and industrialization, we have created systems of destruction that have decimated our relationship to the land, and to each other. From within these systems institutionalized racism, sexism, and all aspects of 'othering' became embedded in our political and social structures.

As modern pagans, we recognize the need to tear down these structures and build supportive, inclusive new ones. Our spiritual paths are Nature-based and Ancestor-honoring, the rituals of which heal land wounds and ancestral trauma, to create sacred recovery and activism for all. This anthology presents modern pagan activists working through their spiritual lines to do better.

Edited by Trevor Greenfield, publisher of Moon Books and editor of Naming the Goddess, with contributory essays from eleven pagan voices.

EDITION Paperback