As Long As It Takes

Pub Date 16 Mar 2021 | Archive Date 17 Jun 2021

Talking about this book? Use #AsLongAsItTakes #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Kincaid planned an idyllic holiday from his life of violence, but that was before he met Jillian.

After ten years and two dozen countries as a “security consultant”, Chance Kincaid craved solitude. The province of Palawan, with its pristine beaches, was the perfect place to relax as a “tourista”. But even in this remote part of the world, kidnapping, murder, and a missing pilot combine to make Kincaid’s trip anything but a holiday. And he soon finds himself involved with terrorists, the local authorities, and a mysterious young woman.

PRICE

Chance Kincaid is a security consultant (i.e. mercenary) who wants to go someplace beautiful to rest and relax after years of continuous “assignments”. While enroute to Palawan in the Philippines, he meets Jillian and rest and relaxation become only a dream. His involvement with missing pilots, planes carrying weapons, terrorists, arms dealers and the local authorities all while dead bodies keep piling up. A roller coaster ride for the reader! I received a complimentary copy of this book and the views expressed are mine. #AsLongAsItTakes #NetGalley

Thanks to Netgalley, EE Sample, and Luminary Press for the digital copy of "As Long as it Takes", in exchange for my honest review. I had not read this author before, but will again. Nonstop action in this high octane thriller about X-special ops turned hired mercenary, Kincaid. He tries taking a vacation on the beautifully described island of Palawan. Things start with a bang and quickly spiral. There is suspense, romance, and a solid plot involving illegal arms deals. I thoroughly enjoyed!

Don't you hate it when you finally go on the vacation that you've been looking forward to for a while now and then you're embroiled with mystery and terrorists? If so then you may be happy to know that you aren't the only one and this is the book for you.

I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley. Chance Kincaid is a mercenary who needs a break. He takes a trip to a small island in the Philippines for a breather. However, his first night at this secluded resort is spoiled by an attempted kidnapping of a retired British Ambassador. While Chance is at the local police station giving his statement, a woman from the plane he traveled on states she needs his help. Her father has gone missing. After some begging, he agrees to help her. As he investigates the disappearance, he learns that all is not as it appears with her father. There are so many layers to this story - I could not put it down. I had to see what twist was next. I had never heard of or read this author before; however, I am ready to read anything else they have published or will publish.

Chance Kincad, a mercenary, is ready for a nice vacation and chooses the island of El Nido in the Philippines, where he once worked. As he exits the plane, a young woman, Jillian, introduces herself and indicates she may find him in the same town where her father lives whom she is visiting. Kincard doubts he will see her and is beginning to enjoy his quiet time in his cottage on the beach. It is not long before terrorists come to kidnap an ambassador and Kincad responds to the threat by killing three of the men. It is obvious the terrorist group will seek revenge. It is not long before Jullian contacts him to have Kincad help her find her father. They discover her father has been selling arms and is missing. There are several characters who are not what they seem and add to the interest and adventure. I enjoyed this book very much. I liked the characters and the twists and turns.