Scrumptious from The Girl Who Ate Everything

Pub Date 02 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 16 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #ScrumptiousfromTheGirlWhoAteEverything #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

If you can’t be left alone with warm cinnamon rolls or a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies, or if you enjoy creating photos of your culinary creations almost as much as eating them, Christy Denney,  the blogger known as “The Girl Who Ate Everything,” has the perfect cookbook for you.

Scrumptious from the Girl Who Ate Everything combines Christy’s expert professional experience as a recipe writer for both Betty Crocker and General Mills with her life experience as a mother of five and one of ten siblings. Christy knows food often is the centerpiece of family life and can be a major undertaking, requiring creativity, planning, practice, and purpose.

Christy showcases 101 of her favorite recipes, each beautifully photographed using natural light from a window in her home, and includes detailed instructions for prep time along with helpful tips.

From unforgettable Sunday brunches with Banana Muffins, to easy weeknight one-pan dinners like One-Pan Chicken Enchilada Skillet, to low-carb meals like Egg Roll in a Bowl, to rolling out the works for a game-day crowd—including her NFL-husband’s favorites like Jalapeno Popper Bread and Garlic Parmesan Wings—this is the family-friendly cookbook for anyone looking to plan quick-and-easy meals and wants a way to bring people together, feasting on food which can only be described as scrumptious.

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Thank you to NetGalley for an ARC of Scrumptious from The Girl Who Ate Everything. I liked how easy and straightforward the recipes were, but they were nothing special. I could Google these recipes and find many variations of them online. I liked the photos and the inclusion of a low carb recipe but there was little to no personalization accompanying the recipes; no memories or stories from the author as to why she was including a particular recipe. I wasn't sure why this book existed without a foreword and/or introduction.

Scrumptious is a delightful culinary journey that wholly lives up to it’s name as it meanders about touching on all sorts of cuisine. Give me a cookbook that promises deliciousness and draws me in with delectable looking stuffed shells (an all-time personal favorite), and you’d be hard pressed not to have my mouth watering. The best thing I can say about this cookbook is that it doesn’t really have a niche. So many cookbooks are catered to a specific type of cooking or a specific geographic cuisine, which while they provide top notch recipes in those areas, I can’t turn to them any night of the week for fear of palate fatigue. Scrumptious bucks that trend hard throwing in recipes from all over the place, in a good way. I can’t imagine anyone struggling to find a handful of recipes that could become personal or family favorites. In some ways though, that also hurts the title because without a more focused subject matter, it could very easily be forgotten when you are trying to meal plan, or come up with dinner ideas. Unlike most cookbooks, this title just dives right into the recipes without any backstory on the author or why the recipes were selected. There are little tidbits that start each section and are included with the recipes themselves, however without that fluff at the beginning the title risks not drawing people in (fair or unfair as that may be). The recipes I tried were very good, though a handful in there are not suitable for beginners. The directions were clear and I greatly appreciated that there was a picture for every single dish (I really hate when you can’t see what you’ll be making). Overall this was a 4/5 for me. A cookbook I could see myself revisiting over and over, but also one I might forget about because I have a craving for a specific type of food and the recipes in it that fit that craving don’t jump to mind as easily as others. This is a super safe title for anyone who cooks, you will not be disappointed, and there’s close to a 0% chance you wont find at least a few recipes you use again and again.

I really enjoyed this cookbook. There was a photo for each recipe, and all the photos were beautiful and tasteful. The recipes contained food that is easy to find in any grocery store. A lot of cheesy comfort foods which are my favorites. The only thing that would make this cookbook better would be Christy Denney adding personal stories or information about the recipes.

The best thing about this cookbook is the variety of recipes. The cookbook begins with some one pot or one pan recipes. The Sheet Pan Philly Cheesesteak immediately caught my eye and I’ll be trying this recipe first. I also liked the idea of the Alfredo Gnocchi and Broccoli Bake, and Sheet Pan Omelette in this section. There was a section with snacks, dips and appetizers and the Greek nachos look especially good. There’s a section of “tried and true” recipes that might be a little more time investment than most of the other recipes but they look very good. The chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles looks fantastic, There’s main courses of all cuisine styles and desserts too. The cookie butter lava cookies look incredible. I like the variety, I like that the recipes sound mostly easy and fairly quick, there’s a decent amount of pictures and the ingredients are ones you can find anywhere. I got to read an early ebook edition from NetGalley. Thanks!

As a mom of 5, it's clear that Denney is used to feeding a lot of people and doing it efficiently. Filled with easy sheet pan dinners and one-pan skillets, this book is loaded with hearty, simple meals like Alfredo Gnocchi and Broccoli Bake and One Pan Enchilada Skillet. One-Pan Breakfast bake and single tray pancakes and omelettes give you great breakfast options too! All of the recipes are only one page long, involve a reasonably simple number of ingredients, and include a photo! There's not a lot of "flavor" text, and you don't see a lot of the author's perspective and personality here, but the recipes are straightforward, albeit not especially original. It's clear their meant to be crowdpleasers not gourmet productions. I, for one, am excited about this, because I think it will be great for expanding my picky kids' repertoire. Although recipes like Mushroom Risotto and Salmon Fresca are sure to keep the adults happy too. It's the kind of book you could start at page 1 and try out each recipe along the way! Can't wait to get started!

I received a copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This is a great recipe book! The book has beautiful pictures of unique comfort foods! There's a variety of fun recipes from totchos to apple cookie pizza and all sorts of dishes in between. Some of the recipes are time intensive and aren't the kind of things I'd make on a week night. The recipes are clear and helpful. A fun recipe book to try!

Anyone else love that title? Scrumptious is apt as we salivate over the gorgeous pictures. Plenty of recipes that I would love to make for a gathering with the comfort of flavor. What did I like? This recipe book is from an online blog and it’s geared toward big family meals or gatherings. Things like appetizers and meals for large groups. Recipes with lots of flavors that might be considered comfort food. My daughter and I poured over the recipes trying to decide which one we want to cook first. It was an delightful event as we loved the gorgeous food pictures. Would I recommend or buy? None of the recipes look hard, and all the ingredients you can find in a regular grocery store. All you need is a skillet, sheet pan, or casserole dish for most of the dishes. Even the desserts looked great! I loved it! Five stars! I would love a copy! I received a complimentary copy to read and voluntarily left a review!

I was not familiar with this cookbook author before requesting this book for review. The photo on the front cover drew me in. After paging through the entire book, studying the recipes within, I declare it a winner! Each recipe is accompanied by a very mouth-watering photo and most recipes appear easy to prepare. There is a variety of types of food, from salads, to sheet pan meals to desserts. There's even a low carb chapter with lots of interesting foods. And, while some recipes are common favorites, many take a slight variation on the usual in order to make preparation easier. Some of the recipes that tempted me: Cheesy Taco Pasta Shells, Egg Roll in a Bowl, Basil Parmesan Salmon, Prosciutto Asparagus Bundles, Crispy Chickpea/Avocado/Tomato/Feta Salad, Raspberry Cream Cheese Puffs, and Churro Saltine Cracker Toffee. I've already pre-ordered the cookbook, and can't wait to try some of these yummy dishes!

I have never heard of the author of this book before, but I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for more from her! This cookbook is fantastic! The recipes are simple, with easy to find ingredients, small ingredient lists, and gorgeous pictures for every single recipe! I also loved that she had a low carb section that included how many net carbs were in each recipe. The meals are all yummy recipes that would widely appeal and easy to integrate into a weekly menu, seriously I loved all of them! I'm a picky cookbook enthusiast, but I'm telling you, this one is a MUST!

This is a perfect cookbook for busy families. Most of the recipes seem to be very quick to make with easily accessible ingredients for a wide variety of tastes. I definitely want to make the one pan breakfast bake and sheet pan steak and Parmesan potatoes. Before this cookbook I’d never heard of the blogger-author so I’m not sure if these recipes are available on her website but I will be checking her blog out soon. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the e-arc I received in exchange for my honest review.

OH MY! So many scrumptious recipes! I can’t wait to try many of them. Even some low carb and quick and easy recipes. I’d say you and I both need to check this book out and give the recipes a try. One pan dinners could become my new go to.

What I really like are her tips throughout the recipes on what you can substitute, like shredded mozzarella for fresh if you don’t have it. Little things like that might leave a newer cook from making a recipe unless they knew they CAN swap things out like that. Kudos for the tips and the recipes! I’m going to be writing out my shopping list now and try a few to start.

I thought this was a fun cookbook. You could definitely find these recipes elsewhere, but the beauty of this book is that they are all together in one place saving you the time and energy of going on the hunt. Most of these will be family favorites and comfort food, but I loved seeing the inclusion of some low carb recipes as well.

Scrumptious from The Girl Who Ate Everything by Christy Denney is a great cookbook if you are looking for simple and delicious “one pot” meals. Every recipe has a beautifully photographed picture. There are options for low carb, gatherings, and even deserts. I think this is a great cookbook for someone who is newer to cooking and looking for a guide that has it all. A great addition to your shelf! Thank you to NetGalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.

I like this cookbook. It has some simple recipes that we love like: broccoli cheese soup, stuffed shells, enchiladas, garlic knots, mac and cheese, fried rice, and cookie dough balls. Nothing special but it's good to it have at home. I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

This book is loaded with lots of yummy sounding, mostly "one pot or pan', quick to make and easy recipes. I tried both the "one pan chicken fajita rice" and the honey garlic pork roast and they were both delicious! I look forward to trying a lot of recipes in this book.

FINALLY! A cookbook that actually has recipes I'll make 95% of! I love love LOVE how there's a section for one-pan dinners. I always hate cleaning up every pan and bowl I own after making just one meal, and this is such an easy fix with yummy recipes. I also love the fact that each recipe has it's own picture JUST LIKE EVERY COOKBOOK SHOULD.

I love The Girl Who Ate Everything blog, so was super excited for this cookbook. It did not disappoint! This book is full of family friendly recipes for all seasons. I will be using this one over and over again!

Great cookbook!! It's a little bit understated for the quantity of recipes included, with the recipes broken up into less traditional categories so that could actually be a detriment, making some recipes harder to find. I do love the categories and wide variety of options available, it just might make it tricky to find a certain recipe when I need it. The categories are One-Pan Dinners, Feeding a Crowd, Game-Day Eats, Low-Carb Favorites, Quick and Easy, Tried and True, and Something Sweet. I tend to look for recipes to prepare based on what I have to cook with that night, which meat I need to use from my fridge, etc. However, I LOVE that every single recipe has a picture!! The pictures are also extremely well done, providing a beautiful visualization of each dish. The recipes all appear to be fairly straight-forward and simple, with easy-to-find ingredients that everyone will most likely have in their pantry or be able to readily get. The recipes also aren't complicated, with excellent step-by-step instructions, a small list of ingredients (instead of a long list of lots of ingredients), as well as tips to help make the recipe even easier on the majority of the recipes. I really like how there is just a short-and-sweet introduction to each recipe. A cookbook should be mostly about the recipes, not a lot of narrative to wade through to get to the actual recipe. This cookbook provides that -- beautiful photos for every single recipe, straight-forward recipes with a reason why we should try that recipe, easy-to-find ingredients, and great step-by-step instructions. I received a digital ARC of this book, and I will be purchasing a physical copy to add to my cookbook library in my kitchen!! The look forward to adding so many of these recipes to my family's meals!!

Filled with simple recipes that fit most family needs, this is really a must read for folks trying to feed a family with children. Recipes are contemporary, appealing, easy to prepare, and kid friendly. The vegetable loaded Easy Beef Stir Fry was a hit at my house, as were several of the sheet pan recipes. While many of these recipes have more fat than are popular with today's young adults, the book does have a wonderful low carb section. The Buffalo Chicken Salad in lettuce wraps was an instant fave with my diabetic husband--I loved it too, and it's definitely worked its way into our family rotation, as has the Creamy Parmesan Shrimp. The Reuben Hot Pockets are a jumping off point for other low carb sandwiches (low carb, however, doesn't always mean low calorie) which have made a big difference in our family. Parmesan Brussel Sprouts--with bacon--a giant YUM! This book is packed with delicious ideas!

Loved this cooking guide/cookbook. The cover is totally delightful -- right of the bat, I'm thinking SCRUMPTIOUS! So really, it's already captured its aims for me. Either way, the rest of the cookbook is very high quality. I loved the range of recipes. One of the things that I think sets the book apart from others like it is its 1) top quality photos/layout and 2) straightforwardness. You don't have to worry about fluff and unnecessary details. Also, the range of recipes means that there's something to try for everyone.

Such a great cookbook! Love the recipes, love the ease of finding ingredients and love all the extra content too. This will be a very well read & used book in my home. Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for my complimentary ARC in exchange for an honest review. Please excuse my tardiness in posting my review as my TBR list continuously grows and I keep finding so many book with so little time! So much gratitude for this copy shared with me, always xo

Date reviewed/posted: August 13, 2021 Publication date: August 31, 2021 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you have personally decided to basically continue on #maskingup and #lockingdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle! I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. If you can’t be left alone with warm cinnamon rolls or a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies, or if you enjoy creating photos of your culinary creations almost as much as eating them, Christy Denney, the blogger known as “The Girl Who Ate Everything,” has the perfect cookbook for you. Scrumptious from the Girl Who Ate Everything combines Christy’s expert professional experience as a recipe writer for both Betty Crocker and General Mills with her life experience as a mother of five and one of ten siblings. Christy knows food often is the centrepiece of family life and can be a major undertaking, requiring creativity, planning, practice, and purpose. Christy showcases 101 of her favourite recipes, each beautifully photographed using natural light from a window in her home, and includes detailed instructions for prep time along with helpful tips. From unforgettable Sunday brunches with Banana Muffins to easy weeknight one-pan dinners like One-Pan Chicken Enchilada Skillet, to low-carb meals like Egg Roll in a Bowl, to rolling out the works for a game-day crowd—including her NFL-husband’s favourites like Jalapeno Popper Bread and Garlic Parmesan Wings—this is the family-friendly cookbook for anyone looking to plan quick-and-easy meals and wants a way to bring people together, feasting on food which can only be described as scrumptious. Food is the centrepiece of a family's life....if you have a husband who does not eat like a 3 year old. (I eat everything ... I can afford.) I have never heard of her husband, but I am now reading her first cookbook as I have a very picky palate to deal with as most moms/cooks/caretakers do as well. The recipes are well written and understandable by cooks of all levels and the photos make the food very appealing to myself and other lovers of food out there and they seem adaptable when dealing with food quirks and idiosyncrasies! I especially love the book because it uses mostly whole ingredients instead of pre-prepared and packaged foods. I do draw the line at making my own cheese beyond a quickly-made mozzarella, and canning tomatoes but the more "ingredients" you use the better. My one nephew says that I never have any food in my house, only ingredients --- that is why I cook so much. I also refuse to eat or cook with Frankenfoods such as "chick'n" and its 88 ingredients vs. 🐔chicken🐔 having one and cheese that does not come from an animal is udder nonsense!) I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, book clubs, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books and food down by the Thames! As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. ") on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑

Christy Denney's new cookbook is full of comforting, generous recipes for feeding your family. As the mother of five children, she's clearly familiar with making big batches, and she has some great ideas--like sheet pan pancakes that you bake and then cut into squares, instead of being stuck at the stove for hours. Readers with smaller groups to feed (or just one person) will have to cut down recipes or plan for lots of leftovers. This is an attractive cookbook, with glossy color photos accompanying each recipe. Cooks of all interests and skill levels should find something they want to try.

This cookbook is fantastic! Denney has a firm grasp on modern cooking. Not only does everything look and sound amazing, there is something for every skill level. The variety of meal types is perfect for busy homemakers. There’s recipes for the oven, stovetop, slow cooker and Instapot. There’s also carb conscious and healthy options. She has it all! My particular favorites were the honey garlic pork roast and the key lime bars. I think this book would make a spectacular housewarming gift or a great guide for those who are never sure what to make for dinner. Thank you so much Netgalley and Shadow Mountain for my gifted copy!

This cookbook lives up to its name with photos of every recipe that look very scrumptious. There's something for everyone in this book with recipes that are easy, most with minimal prep time. Healthy, keto, and low carb recipes are offered in addition to sweets and indulgent recipes. These recipes are great for families who don't have the time for complicated recipes and hours-long meal prep.

Get in my Belly! I love this cookbook. I have an ebook copy and I want the print version for my kitchen. Great options for dinner with realistic ingredients. Nothing I couldn't easily get from the grocery store. The pictures are great and actually make me really hungry when I look at them. I received an ARC copy from Netgally. The opinions expressed are my own.

A family friendly cookbook. This cookbook has a variety of recipes with sections called: one-pan dinners , feeding a crowd, game day eats, low-carb favorites, quick and easy, tried and true and something sweet. The recipes directions are clear and the ingredient lists are things that every (American) shopper should easily be able to find in their supermarket. I appreciate each recipe is complimented with a photo. (Not that my food ever looks quite as good.) I was a little surprised that there isn't much personalization from the author about the recipes or extra cooking tips. She evidently is a popular food blogger but I'm not familiar with her. Thank you NetGalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for an ARC ebook in exchange for an honest review.

Such a fun cookbook! It has so many quick dinners that I can't wait to try for my family. I also love that it has desserts as well. I am excited to work my way through these yummy recipes

You will not find a more perfectly named book. There should be a warning not to read if you are hungry. Actually it doesn’t matter if you just ate because I just had dinner and it still made me hungry. The recipes are super easy to follow. Ingredients are extremely accessible. There’s recipes for everyday (even low carb recipes) and ones for game day. Oh and the pictures (with all the recipes) are gorgeous. I highly highly HIGHLY recommend this cookbook.

There was very little in here that didn't look scrumptious! The recipes were simple, clear, and accessible and all were accompanied by attractive, detailed photos. There is definitely an emphasis on feeding a crowd, so this is especially suitable for people with large families or who like to entertain. Though there is a low carb section (and I was pleased to see it included a few things I hadn't seen before) most of these recipes are definitely on the indulgent side. This is not a complaint--they looked amazing! Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!

I have been following the author’s blog for quite some time so I was excited to receive a copy of her cookbook. This books has Easy one pan dinners and delicious desserts that are beautifully photographed. I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this cookbook.

All the recipes in this book look delicious. The photos are beautiful and I enjoyed the simplicity of the layout and of the recipes themselves.

The Girl Who Ate Everything is one of my most trusted food blogs. She always has family friendly meals that won't break the bank and delicious looking sweets. I've made numerous recipes of hers of the years and they have all been enjoyable. It looks like she has a winner with this new cookbook too. I can't wait to try some of the new recipes and revisit a couple of her old favorites of mine. Love the food pictures too!

I have followed The Girl Who Ate Everything blog forever it seems, it is always a go to for me for recipes. I was so excited to check out this cookbook with the blog author's recipes! Christy Denney always has easy to follow recipes and I love her wit that she inserts everywhere! The recipes are family friendly and I love how easy they are. I also love how there are so many of them that are quick to prep because who has time these days to make a major dinner every night? Not me! This is a great cookbook that I know I will use over and over again!

Talk about a perfectly titled book – every recipe looks positively scrumptious! I know this because every single recipe is accompanied by a photo, which in my mind is the mark of a great cookbook. This cookbook is jam-packed with tried and true recipes from blogger Christy Denney (The Girl Who Are Everything). “Scrumptious” includes one-pan dinners (a favorite of mine), recipes for feeding crowds and game day munchies, tried and true classics, and of course desserts! There are some low carb recipes that look so good, you won’t even know they’re keto friendly. There’s also a quick and easy section, but none of the recipes in the book are overly complicated or fussy, and the directions are clear and easy to follow. These recipes are super approachable and family-friendly. There are no “weird” ingredients or spices; these are all things that most people have on hand or buy regularly, and comfort ingredients abound: cheese, cream cheese, butter, heavy cream, and bacon. Yum! This is a cookbook I’ll reach for often. Many thanks to NetGalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for providing me an advance copy of this book.

From low carb to game day recipes author Christy Denney has created a cookbook filled with yummy recipes that will help with daily meal preparation. Throughout her cookbook you will find plenty of color photos showing the prepared dishes. Some of the recipes you'll find in her cookbook include: Salsa Verde Chicken Skillet Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin Sheet Pan Omelet Egg Roll in a Bowl Million-Dollar Chicken Strawberry Feta Walnut Salad Ham, Sweet Potato, and Kale Skillet Chicken Parmesan Meatballs Butter Swim Biscuits Birthday Cake Cinnamon Rolls Easy Blueberry Cobbler Recommend. Review written after downloading a galley from NetGalley

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite cookbooks! Every time I look at my I find something else I want to cook. The recipes have pictures, they’re not too complicated, and they range from one-pan dinners to delicious desserts. There’s a chapter of low-carb favorites, and another one called game day eats as well as quick and easy. I’ve enjoyed these recipes so far: One Pan Chicken Enchilada Skillet, Panzanella Salad, Honest Garlic Pork Roast, Garlic Parmesan Wings, and Sheet Pan Apple Crisp. I’m sure I’ll have more favorites in the future. 5 stars. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley I received a complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

Scrumptious is a cooking and recipe guide with recipes developed and curated by Christy Denney. Due out 2nd Nov 2021 from Shadow Mountain, it's 224 pages and will be available in hardcover and paperback formats. This is a nice cookbook with an emphasis on ease of preparation, tastiness, casual dining and family appeal. These are really uncommonly tasty dishes. Many of them are one-pan/sheet pan dinner which make cleanup easy, and all the ones we tried were delicious. There is no lead-in or introduction, the author opens with the recipes, grouped in chapters thematically: one pan dinners, feeding a crowd, game day eats, low-carb favorites, quick and easy, tried and true, and something sweet. The recipes are nearly all based on wholesome unprocessed ingredients (the exceptions are for things like premade marinara sauce which almost everyone has on hand). Each recipe includes serving yields, special notes, and prep times. Recipe ingredients are listed bullet point style along with optional ingredients. All measurements are given in American standard measures only. The directions are given step by step, numbered sequentially. The nutritional information is not provided. The recipes' ingredients are easily sourced and the resultant dishes are family friendly and appealing to kids and adults. All of the recipes include photos. The food is beautifully presented and the serving suggestions are appetizing and appropriate. Nearly all of the recipes make a LOT of servings. This would be great for meal planning fans - make enough for dinner and have enough to pack a lunch for work the next day(s). There are a number of these recipes which have made it into my personal potluck recipe book of dishes to take to group dinners and family gatherings. Good recipes, full of hearty and satisfying food. Four and a half stars. Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher for review purposes.

There are a lot of old favorites here with a few new ones I can't wait to try all packaged in one beautifully presented cookbook. There are gorgeous pictures of each recipe: always a win in my book. She starts off with one-pan dinners, which is the key to my heart. The dessert section looks amazing and definitely things that are new to me: No Churn Banana Pie Ice Cream?! There is a section for potlucks and game day food options. My only drawback on this book was the lack of nutritional information. No one is going to confuse these meals with anything but comfort food but in the day and age of updated food labels, calories at restaurants, etc. this should just be a given. Somewhat out of place was the chapter on low-carb/keto friendly dishes, which I guess is her husband's thing, where net carbs were provided which just goes back to my original point. I would take a 1/2 star off for that but still rounding up to 5 because the rest is spot on. I will be adding this one to my permanent collection. Pre-ordering now for it's schedule November 2021 release. Thank you to #Netgalley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for an advanced temporary e-copy of #ScrumptiousfromTheGirlWhoAteEverything in exchange for an honest review.

in "Scrumptious from The Girl Who Ate Everything' Christy Denney has produced an exceptionally well-rounded offering of recipes that I look forward to trying. As a long time follower of her blog I appreciate this repository of her ideas and experiences in producing wonderful recipes to enjoy in one location. I am very happy with the Low-Carb section which is appealing to many in my household. The pictures are so helpful and beautifully done to guide a cook to a proper outcome. I think this will be a treasure to those who love to cook and 'eat everything!' I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.

If you like comfort foods, you want this book in your hands! It is an excellent addition to any kitchen. I personally love the photography with each recipe; I like to see what I am working towards. These are simple, easy to follow recipes with basic, everyday ingredients. Chapters include: One-Pan Dinners, Feeding A Crowd, Tried and True and Something Sweet. This means there truly is something in here for everyone. I felt enabled and empowered to try every single recipe represented here. Dishes are quick, with prep time and cook times provided. There is a reason Christy Denney is such a popular blogger. This book showcases so many of the reasons. I received a complimentary copy from the publisher via NetGalley and all opinions expressed are solely my own, freely given.

Scrumptious is a great start for a home cook. Recipes that I generally think of as comfort food that every home cook should have a go to recipe for, like chicken noodle soup, chicken and dumplings, stuffed shells, etc. There isn't anything that seems incredibly unique but not everything needs to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. Nothing wrong with going back to basics.