Shaman of Souls

Scars of the Necromancer Book One

Pub Date 28 May 2022 | Archive Date 31 Mar 2022

Talking about this book? Use #ShamanofSouls #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

“Memorable characters elevate an often surprising tale of magic and faraway lands [and] the ending packs a punch… and forges a clear path to a sequel.” - Kirkus Reviews

Young Xeile is dying, and in his final act he sets out on a mission to find the one who killed his mother. But the mission is complicated when clues lead him to Trifectus, a city that’s just been locked down due to two brutal killings. Xeile quickly discovers that to complete his task he must help the peacekeeping Guardians of Trifectus solve the double murder. To even have a chance of cracking the case, Xeile will have to commune with spirits to find the killer, an act considered almost impossible by most of the living and punishable by death to the rest. Yet as he speaks to those spirits of the past, he uncovers a dark future. The murders of both the townsfolk and his mother are just the beginning, heralding the return of sinister magic and death for the entirety of the continent. Will Xeile be able to find the answers he seeks? Or will death take him before he can fulfill his dying wish?

Young Xeile is dying, and in...

Advance Praise

“The well-developed characters ease readers into [the] mystery… with details revealed only gradually, and genuinely shocking turns. ” - Kirkus Reviews

Marketing Plan

Looking to gather pre-release reviews and reviews that will be posted after release.

EDITION Ebook

i liked the use of Necromancy in a different way, the characters were great and I really appreciated the risks that the author took in the book. It was a great start to a series.

I loved this book. If you are a fan of a d&d setting, mystery and a great talent for description, then this book is for you. The setting is rich and full of an interesting history I can not wait to learn more about, the characters are both wonderful and flawed, but also not falling into the typical stereotypes you expect from them. There are surprises all around, and they are all delightful in their horrificness. Read this book, you won't be disappointed.

Thank you so much publisher for providing an arc! I just devoured this book. It was so nerve-wrecking so I can not express enough about the plot. The plot is so interesting that you will find yourself gasping everytime you find something new. I really like the worldbuilding, and how the author can create a world that has the capability of making us vicariously live through it. I feel like the introduction was a bit too slow-paced for me. The characters are fairly interesting. Henceforth, it was quite a good read.