Fyrian's Fire

The Fate of Glademont

Pub Date 07 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 06 Jun 2022

Talking about this book? Use #FyriansFire #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

When Tess commits a grievous error, siege befalls her land—a siege only Tess’s magic can end.

The week of her wedding, Lady Tessamine Canyon is jilted by her betrothed, Prince Linden. Left utterly humiliated, Tess betrays a tightly guarded secret to an enemy spy—a decision that throws the Dione of Glademont into chaos. Hunted by bloodthirsty mercenaries, Tess flees into the Hinge Forest. There, with the help of a wild owl and a two-hundred-year-old bear, Tess begins to unlock the forgotten mysteries of her people.

Deep in the woods, the spirit of a long-dead dryad awaits the next Thane of a fierce weapon. To Tess’s amazement, it is she who is called to master the weapon’s power and save Glademont from an impending war.

When a surprising turn of events reunites Tess with Linden—the prince who called off their engagement—Tess must swallow her pride and join forces with him. But even if Tess can rescue her people, will that be enough to forgive her treason? Armed with a fiery magic, Tess is forced to make an impossible choice, one that might seal her fate as the next Thane—but forever extinguish any chance at following her heart.

Advance Praise

"What an exciting debut from Emily Jeffries! Fyrian's Fire is the perfect transition for young readers moving on to the young adult genre. The characters are not only interesting but unique, and the storyline woven with delightful elements of the fantastical! Excited to see more from Emily!"  - Lauren H. Brandenburg, author of The Death of Mungo Blackwell and The Books of the Gardener series

"I haven't been this delighted with YA fantasy since I don't know when. Not only was FYRIAN'S FIRE refreshingly devoid of any PG-13 material; it was also just plain good. Jeffries' prose is comfortable and warm, much like a certain bear. She gives her characters incredible vibrancy--each has his own unique voice. Lovers of Narnia will sink their teeth into Jeffries' world of talking animals and magic."  - Adelaide Thorne, author of the Whitewashed trilogy

"This book is just the sweetest and most adorable book ever ... The story is well written and super engaging. The characters are colorful and memorable, and what I liked even more about it was the message behind the story! It is everything a good clean YA book should be. I highly recommend it! Can't wait to read Emily's future books." - Breny Maurtua, author and Christian book reviewer at Better than Rubies

Awards:

Target outreach to blogs and websites

Social media influencer campaign

Targeted online advertising

Listing and pricing promotions run through GFB's Aerio store

Social media posts to support pre-order, book launch, and book reviews

Prepublication buzz campaign

Targeted online advertising

...

ISBN 9781954854437

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Overwhelmed by the Prince’s unexpected ending of their engagement and the task set to her by the Queen, Tess betrays a secret to a stranger and now is hunted. Once in the Hinge Forest, she encounters creatures that would aid her in learning to wield the one magical weapon of her land. Tess’s young brother Ryon grows up quickly, rescuing his animal friends and making new allies for his homeland while on his own. Through Prince Linden’s POV we explore the weaponless land’s position in the world, and his desire to be a warrior and create a militia to protect his home from invaders. I wish we got more of his perspective in the book. When Tess rescues Linden in the forest, the two must work together to save their home. I enjoyed the talking animals in this tale, and the light humor. The writing was smooth and descriptive, making it easy to keep turning pages. This world was enchanting. The need for balance and care between man and nature is the heart of this book, a very relevant topic to explore. This was a solid enjoyable read, though the plot was slow to develop. There were moments of tension early on, our MCs were at times in peril, but those scenes revealed only a few details about magic and the land’s history. A little too much of the book was meeting various animals and discussing whether or not to fight. The scenes that pushed the plot along were well done and engaging. The last third of the book was the most enjoyable. I found Tess’s early interactions with Tynaiv confusing and uncomfortable though. He’s a stranger repeatedly kissing her without her consent and her own feelings are not well defined. This side plot was a little distracting. Overall this was a fun, light YA read. Thank you to NetGalley and Girl Friday Productions for this complimentary digital ARC.

This book has a beautiful design! I love the illustrations that separate each part! The story is also pretty interesting, though sometimes it gets a bit too slow. I loved the concept of bondfellows and how animals and humans work together in this book. It was a very refreshing and imaginative to add magic in a book! I'm really looking forward to see what happens next with Tess, Linden and Tynaiv, since they're connected, even if they don't want to be. Tess was a great heroine and I'm very excited to see what future books hold for her character! I also really liked Ryon, he was an amazing little brother and he is definitely one of the most corageous characters in the book! I certainly recommend this book for fantasy lovers! Trigger warnings: -Death and Murder -Violence -Burning and drowning -Captivity and imprisionment -War Themes

Reading this book was like a breath of fresh air. It was so good! This was a fun magical adventure with characters that are enjoyable and relatable. Highly recommend and can't wait for the next book.

I feel like I hit the YA jackpot with this book. First of all I loved the YA aspects paired with the fact that this wasn't juvenile. The world was so whimsical and well done, I wanted to visit it in real life. Tess had such a great character arc and her transformation from the beginning to the end was just wonderful. I absolutely loved Prince Linden and his whole persona. I am just craving book 2!

This is an adorable book. After a few pages I assumed that it is going to be another romance book masquerading as fantasy. But it quickly proved me wrong. It had a unique plot and world building. All the characters had a purpose. Especially Tess had good character development. I enjoyed the talking animals and the magic. The writing was really good and descriptive. There were times where the book was really slow especially the animal interactions. At times it felt like Children's book. Tess's feelings for Tynaiv was confusing and it could have been done better. And there could have been a li'l bit more of Linden. Overall it is a simple yet beautiful read with a wonderful message. Thank you netgalley for the digital copy.

Chose this book because of the reviews and the fact that children's fantasy is great to read. Struggled to get into the story but did enjoy the descriptions.

Fyrian's Fire gives you calm before the storm from chapter one. Tess is a loveable character that makes you want to root for her every step of the way regardless of Linden’s opinion. This YA novel is well written and the cover is gorgeous . Emily Jefferies did an excellent job in giving this story life. I highly recommend

I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Fyrian's Fire was really easy to fly through. From the characters to the world building, I was completely sucked in. Don't even get me started on the magical parts of this because I've been on a magic trend lately when it comes to books. It also kind of reminded me of Narnia a bit - which I'm not mad about. Then there's the romance. Which, eh, it was okay but mostly confusing. I'm still not really sure what their true feelings are with one another. So, I'm hoping things make more sense in the sequel. Other than that, I'm very jealous of all the animal interactions. I mean, I would freak out if I could speak with my dogs, but it would also be so freaking helpful to know what they want and when they want it. Ya know? In the end, I'm very intrigued what the sequel will bring me. Especially when they mentioned a new constellation.

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for this arc. Rating 3.5 stars This story is very cute a quirky. I loved the dialogue with all of the animal and human interactions. Sometimes I got confused on whether it was an animal or human talking. I just could keep who was who straight in my head. I didn’t love any of the characters, but they were all pretty unique. It’s a quick read.

This was a fun book to read. Poor Lady Tessamine was thrust into a life she didn't want or choose. She is joined by animal friends who will help her on her quest. Emily Jeffries does an amazing job of weaving together a world where animals and humans co-exist and work together. The story feels original and exciting. There were just parts that lagged a little but the action made up for that. I would recommend this book to a friend! Thank you Girl Friday and NetGalley for allowing me to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review. All the views and opinions expressed in this review are purely my own and not associated with any brand.

I adored the world building in this book first and foremost. IT was lush and descriptive and left me wanting to learn even more about it. I think this book felt a little drawn out and repetitive at times, but definitely picked up the pace towards the latter part of the story. A solid YA fantasy entry for people who may not often pick up the genre.

Fyrian’s Fire is a vivid, magic-filled journey and I really enjoyed the ride! I think it’s perfect for fan’s of the Chronicles of Narnia series, but it’s spiked with a touch of romance to really engage a female teen audience. I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend. ~Plot The story begins with tension and that’s what had me turning pages until the very end. Tess;s drama held me at first until the larger danger of an invading kingdom, dying matriarch, and magical creatures, took over. I loved the world of Fyrian’s Fire the most. I loved the concept of animals wielding golden magic, evil animals wielding red, and I loved the shenil. The magic was so unique and visually vivid, but totally believable. I also thought the author did a great job of world building, with the promise of exploring more in the future. I still can’t figure out what happened to Ember (did I miss that??) but everything else tidied up so well that it doesn’t bother me too much. ~Characters Tess isn’t my usual cup of tea, but I enjoyed her nevertheless. She’s a little prideful yet introverted. It was a very interesting combination. She’s a noblewoman brought up under the spotlight, expecting all of her needs to be met by her new fiance, Prince Linden. Only, he won’t give her the time of the day. On one side, you feel pity for her, on the other, you want to shake her. I loved her character journey. It was perfect. Linden was kind of an unlikeable character, but in a good way? He was totally believable. As in, his faults actually made him likable (unlikeable). Tynaiv himself was a likable gray character. Loved his personality. However, I kept wondering why he was so drawn to Tess? It seemed like he was right from the get-go, even though she was a noblewoman. Still, I liked his part in the story and the chaos he causes. I think Ryon was my favorite character. The kid was a beast with a slingshot ;) ~Writing More of a traditional fantasy style. Similar to Narnia, I’d say, but much less wordy. There were points, particularly at the end, where I started to skim, but I think that’s more because of my own writing preferences rather than a fault with the author. ~Content I’d feel comfortable allowing audiences 12+ read this, just be aware that there’s a couple quick kissing scenes, epic battles, and some animal fighting. ~Would I Recommend Yes! If you’re a fan of the Chronicles of Narnia, you’re almost guaranteed to enjoy this book. It’s well-written, full of action, and promises more magical adventures in the future.

"Vermin and vinegar" "The queen had chosen the wrong girl" "This is the home of my heart ... And you cannot have it" Are you a Chronicles of Narnia fan? Then this is the book for you! Embark on a journey full of magic and where friendship is one of the most important value of all! A beautiful, young, female character Tess, who finds herself with a terrible quest and an unbearable responsibility with the help of a bear and an owl and maybe a prince who hasn't decided yet if he's worth her trust! There's some enemies to lovers too and a bit of an unexpected love triangle that will make it even more interesting. The writing-style is fluent and easy-going, creating a magical atmosphere that will lead you though the story and make you experience everything you can alongside the main characters. Tess is so real, so strong and I could easily relate to her as much as I feel everyone will. It truly felt like a version of Narnia but more ya than a book for children. There's war, there's mystery, there's love, there's family and friendship and there's a "shenil" standing in the middle of a girl and her dream: the crown. The fact that the power is something transmitted through women and that queens are way more reliable than men when it comes to stability and peace, it's something we already know but I love how it was highlighted in this book. I really can't wait for it to be published and for a lot more books of this series to come because this is not over!! "The Weapon elects not the qualified. Rather, it qualifies the elect." "Praying Irgo the mother star would strengthen her, so she could be that miracle" "Perhaps you would fail if you were on your own, my lady ... But, if I may say so, you will always have me"

I do not typically read fantasy novels, but this was a really good read. I enjoyed all the characters and I even managed to keep up with all the woodland creatures! I liked that it was a clean story and with good morals. We need more of these stories, IMO. I will be suggesting this book to both young and adult audiences. I will be on the look out for the next installment of the Glademont series.

I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I found myself completely immersed from the first chapter, couldn't put it down. Fyrian's Fire is a YA Fantasy, beautifully written with wonderful characters. I couldn't help but be reminded of The Chronicles of Narnia while reading it; the world, the magic, and of course, the talking animals. The character growth is effortless and, there is so much potential for great world-building in future books. I cannot wait t read more by Emily H. Jeffries. The romance in this book is pretty cute and, I NEED more. Prince Linden is so genuine that reading from his POV might have been my favorite part of the book. It does have many of the familiar tropes from YA fantasy, but Emily has done it in such a simple, clean, and beautiful fashion that it's like a breath of fresh air. It's simply a good and sturdy YA fantasy.

While this sort of fantasy isn’t normally my thing this book warmed a very cold frozen over part of my heart. I do feel like if I hadn’t picked this up when I was in the perfect mood for it I wouldn’t have enjoyed it so much as it’s not to my taste - this was an amazing reading experience for a comfy YA fantasy (and so underrated!) However I can’t give this a five star because some elements of this just really did not speak to me as a reader, the romance just wasn’t pushing my buttons and the personally I really need to see more character development than this book was willing to give me . But on a lovely cold winters day it was a lovely book to curl up on the sofa and read in one quick sitting. So happy to have received a copy of this from netgalley and while I don’t think I’ll pick up the sequel, if this is your kind of book then I definitely recommend you pick it up !

This was a slightly confusing but fun read. There's questing and magic, and if you love talking wild animals and owls this is the book to pick up cause there is a lot of it. The interaction with the woodland animals made the tone of the book seem younger YA. Reminded me of The golden compass / Northern lights with the talking bear. Thanks to Netgalley and publishers for an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Solid 4 star read. It was a good book but was lacking some elements that I would love the author to work with more. Great concept!

An immersive story filled with unique world-building, enjoyable characters, and a great message. Look forward to more from this author

This was a breathe of fresh air. The perfect amount of romance and fantasy. The plot was really good. And the pace was just the right amount of fast for me. I also loved the characterization. If you like fantasy and romance (and ofcourse, a PRETTY COVER) this book is perfect for you.

Now a days I typically only read YA for my students to see if it is something they would like or would be appropriate for them. I hands down would be honored to add this to my class library! I know I have several kiddos that would LOVE this book. Jeffries does amazing job of giving her characters a voice. This book gave me strong nostalgia from when I read Narnia as a kid. The main character is Tess, and she comes out of the gate with a bratty attitude. Jeffries does a great job with Tess’s character development, giving her a relatable feeling that makes you want to root for her. Jeffries also gives us Prince Linden who is a bit awkward and definitely has flaws that we can all relate to. I loved reading his point of view! I would love to read more from Linden’s POV.