by Thomas B. Cavanagh
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 02 Jul 2024 | Archive Date 01 Feb 2024
To find a missing girl, Sandy must return to the insidious places she once worked tirelessly to escape
Sandy Corrigan used to be called Diamond. She used to live in an apartment with other girls like her, though she rarely slept there, instead spending her evenings in hotel rooms around Orlando with lonely, unfaithful men. That is, until the incident. But despite the personal hell she endured, the nightmarish crisis saved her from a life spent in strangers’ beds. Sandy now spends her evenings reading to her six-year-old son, Tyler, and her days working for her brother’s private investigation business. Despite severing all ties to her former life, a girl from her past reappears and asks Sandy to investigate the disappearance of a young call girl. Unsure of whether or not the girl is alive, and wary of the past traumas the investigation could bring to the surface, Sandy takes the case. What she doesn’t expect to discover is a sordid web of corruption, sex, and murder, and she soon grows more entangled with each step she takes. Can she survive the horrors she thought she escaped years ago?
Perfect for fans of Sue Grafton and Lisa Gardner
“Diamond Cut is fast-paced and suspenseful, but with humor and heart. You'll be rooting for Sandy Corrigan with every thrilling turn of the page.” —Janet Evanovich, New York Times best-selling author of the Stephanie Plum series
“Sandy Corrigan is a great protagonist with a truly checkered past. She uses it to her advantage when she gets sucked into the world she thought she had left behind. Diamond Cut is a thought-provoking and compelling story of human trafficking. I highly recommend it.” —James O. Born, New York Times best-selling author
“Fast action, snappy dialogue, and empathy galore add up to a quick read, and with an 11th-hour twist, this book keeps on giving right till the last page. I hope for more from PI Corrigan.” —First Clue
Praise for Thomas B. Cavanagh
“An Orlando thriller that reads like a high-speed theme park ride. Cavanagh’s writing is tough and lean, with dark humor so sharp it’ll make you bleed.” —Brian Freeman, New York Times best-selling author
“ . . . entertaining . . . Fans of the classic PI novel will hope to see more of this wonderfully crotchety protagonist.” —Publishers Weekly
* “This…novel by an award-winning writer for children’s television has everything: dark humor, great suspense . . . and heart . . . Readers who liked Peter Abraham’s Oblivion, about an amnesiac detective, will eat this up.” —Library Journal (Starred Review)
“Cavanagh’s ambitious debut has a terrific premise and many appealing touches, including an unbeatable cliffhanger.” —Kirkus Reviews
“With the clarity of Robert B. Parker and the complexity of Michael Connelly, Prodigal Son disturbs and charms at the same time.” —Booklist
PR & Marketing Highlights:
• Mailing of physical & digital ARCs to major trade publications, notable bookstores, book reviewers, social media influencers and digital media
• Submit for BookBub promotion
• Pitch title at Distributor Sales Conference
• Goodreads giveaway of 100 digital copies, 2 months prior to publication
• Advertising in trade publications
• Featured new release in Oceanview monthly newsletter
• E-blast to Oceanview’s email list of mystery, thriller & suspense fans, booksellers, and librarians
• Launch month feature on Oceanview’s social media and website home page
• Submission for award consideration
• Amazon A+ description/feature
• Ongoing co-op advertising with Amazon, Ingram, Baker and Taylor via distributor
• Ongoing submission for special promotions with major retailers