What If Love Is the Point?

Living for Jesus in a Self-Consumed World

Pub Date 28 Jun 2022 | Archive Date Not set
Nelson Books, Thomas Nelson

Talking about this book? Use #WhatIfLoveIsthePoint #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The world saw Carlos Pena and Alexa Vega enjoying the success of their acting careers--Carlos on Nickelodeon's Big Time Rush and Alexa in the Spy Kids movies. But what they didn't see was the question both Carlos and Alexa were asking in the midst of all that fame and fortune: What's the point of it all anyway?

Overflowing with both laughter and honest reflections, What If Love Is the Point? shares Carlos and Alexa PenaVegas' incredible story--from the red carpet, Spy Kids movies, and Big Time Rush to Dancing with the Stars to marriage and their greatest adventure, parenthood.

Join them as they:

• Offer an inspiring window into how God builds young faith and strengthens it into lasting love
  • Give insight into how to put God at the center of relationships, family, and career
  • Explore why society's expectations never fulfill our true needs
  • Share ideas for resisting the hustle of today's culture and finding true rest

Carlos and Alexa believe that following Jesus was what they were made for--and they believe it's what you were made for too. If you find yourself asking, "Isn't there more to life than this?," lean in to their remarkable story of tender faith, God's persistent work, and learning why love is always the point of it all.

Praise for What If Love Is the Point?:

"This is more than a book. It's a story of freedom, hope, redemption, and love. Being in the public eye, I understand the struggles they faced (and continue to face), individually and as a couple. I recognize myself in a lot of the stories they share. What If Love Is the Point? helped me heal from life's wounds. It taught me that I'm not alone and I know this book will help so many others grow their faith and live out love. I didn't want it to end."

—Sam Acho, author of Let the World See You, analyst at ESPN, and nine-year NFL linebacker

PAGES 240